Tag Archives: Print1-Experimentation

Experimenting with texture

After my printing disaster yesterday I had some ink left to use.  Over the past few months I’ve read quite a bit about the use of carborundum on print plates.  Carborundum is a very fine powder made from silicon carbide, … Continue reading

Posted in Print 1: Assignment 5, Print 1: Experimentation, Printmaking 1 | Tagged , | 4 Comments

Print 1. Projext 13: Monoprinting experimentation

I’ve been experimenting with media other than my usual oil based inks for the monoprint base to go with my linocut carousel horses. All samples are on cartridge paper. Caran D’Ache water-soluble colour crayons.  I first rubbed them dry across … Continue reading

Posted in Print 1: Assignment 5, Print 1: Experimentation, Printmaking 1 | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Mark-making with paints and tools

I had a bit of fun on Saturday with my friend, Judy – also an OCA student.  We set up her garage with huge sheets of paper and determined to be free and flowing in our mark-making, using whatever bits … Continue reading

Posted in My Creative Pieces, Print 1: Assignment 5, Print 1: Experimentation, Printmaking 1 | Tagged , | 3 Comments

Print 1. Project 12: Exploring colour choices

Having made the print plate I’m in a bit of a quandary about how to print it.  Monochrome seems pretty boring but could also be effective if I can work the tones well.  If I want to try this I … Continue reading

Posted in Print 1: Assignment 4, Print 1: Experimentation, Print 1: Sketchbook | Tagged , , , | 2 Comments

Experimentation: Making a print sample book

Part 1: My friend Nola and I get together every month for a day of playing with colour and transferring imagery and/or abstract colour patterns to cloth and paper.  We’ve done a bit of stamping, made glue resists, collage blocks, … Continue reading

Posted in My Creative Pieces, Print 1: Experimentation, Print 1: Musings, Printmaking 1 | Tagged , | 1 Comment

Print 1. Project 10: Review

Experimental print trials. Working on other bases than lino was very revealing and threw up some interesting future possibilities. I particularly liked the floor vinyl which was easy to cut and because it was textured it created some wonderful random … Continue reading

Posted in Print 1: Assignment 3, Print 1: Project & Course Reviews, Printmaking 1 | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Prints and card making

I’ve been involved with a couple of people in making a selection of cards for an upcoming exhibition. Printed & Stitched cards: I took my lino cut from project 5 as the base for one set.  I rust dyed a … Continue reading

Posted in My Creative Pieces, Print 1: Experimentation | Tagged | 2 Comments