It’s been a stressful week so it seemed like a good time to take a few minutes away from other people to mess about in the studio with some loud music, a bit of paper and some pens.
Going through my stash I landed on one of the pieces I recently painted that I previously blogged about here. I liked it a lot when I painted it but didn’t know what to do with it; whether to work further into the piece, leave it alone, cut it up, make it into a book cover or whatever. It went into my ever-growing pile waiting for further inspiration and today was the day. So this was what I started with:
I folded and cut it into a simple folded booklet.
From the images you can see how the piece is manipulated and folded into a single 4 page booklet. As this is 200gsm paper, covered with a couple of layers of acrylic paint it’s hard to get it to fold down to a book shape without slipping out of alignment so I applied glue to some areas and trimmed where necessary until I had a good solid structure.
Then I got my black Sharpie out. It really felt like a black Sharpie day, along with a ruler and a few homemade stencils.
Well, that’s relieved my brains a bit. Back to the real world.