Articulated concertina: More complexity

In January I posted the results of my exploration into creating a double articulated concertina book.  I made two samples; one with basic stitching and the other with an attractive beaded join.

Ever since completing the these I’ve been irritated by the unattractive stitching on the top version.  I liked the idea of adding more sections to the cover and having each one provide an articulation but the beading on the second version looks more polished.

So for the last week I’ve been working on how to improve something that was essentially finished but not giving me the visual outcome I wanted.  I turned to my embroidery skills.

Using embroidery threads and beads I’ve managed to transform a good-looking book with average joins into something much more complex and interesting.  The stitched embellishment has been applied to both the front and the back as well as the inside covers.

NOW this project is finished.

About Claire B

I'm a passionate printmaker, paper-maker and a poor sketcher (which I'm working to improve). I've stitched from early childhood and am a perpetual student, loving learning and participating in everything creative.
This entry was posted in My books & journals, My Creative Pieces, My prints and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s