I’ve been very quiet on my blog while working through my first print designs. Several things have happened over recent weeks which are pushing this project in a slightly different direction than intended.
- The theme of circuits and circuitry is leading me inextricably towards connections and connectivity, which is a little sideways to what I had in mind originally. I chose ‘inextricably’ to describe what is happening as the dictionary description says (in part):
- 1 – from which one cannot extricate oneself
- 2 – incapable of being disentangled, undone, loosed, or solved
- 3 – hopelessly intricate, involved, or perplexing
- Immediately I moved from samples to printing proper I realised that the more complex the monoprinted background effects the more satisfaction I got. The intended backgrounds are becoming the main focus of each piece.
- Collage, other additions and even stitching are now considerations. Originally they were to be overlaid with lino- or wood-cuts.
Here is a bit of what I’ve been up to. Most designs, at this stage, sit a little to the right of centre in anticipation of stitching into book format; so should end up perfectly positioned.