New Japanese stab bound book

With much of my home under tarpaulins whilst we renovate, I’ve scant access to my printing, paper-making and book-making materials but managed to rustle up a set of old collagraph plates to re-use last week.

With a book project in mind, and a sepia and orange theme, I printed the collagraph plates along with a plain inked roll-over for the back cover.

Once fully dried I set to adding stitching, a torn tissue paper highlight and a patterned Japanese stab stitched spine, encasing about 30 sheets of my own hand-made paper created in a variety of natural colours.

I think it sits rather well with another one I made quite a while ago.

The varnished covers have enhanced the print colours and added to their durability.

Advertisements

About Claire B

I'm a passionate printmaker, paper-maker and a poor sketcher (which I'm working to improve). I've stitched from early childhood and am a perpetual student, loving learning and participating in everything creative.
This entry was posted in My books & journals, My Creative Pieces and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s