The goal: Take line drawings and create a workable design to print.
After my initial drawings of irises and grevillea (very loosely translated) a couple of weeks ago I spent a few minutes messing around with floral bouquets and was reminded of one of the drawings I did in my ‘Elian and his world of fantasy’ series, to the left. Always loved this, especially the fronds made from bones.
Never one for realism, and always enjoying shapes and patterns, I had fun messing about with a new range of ‘unreal’ plants and flower heads.
Above: giant vase with flowers on a rocky outcrop overlooking a river. Yeah, I know, strange – but I like it.
I spent a while finessing my sketch before transferring it to acetate and etching it onto a solar plate, ready to print next week.
Interesting fault in the solar plate to the right of the reversed image. It’ll be interesting to see how that prints. Hopefully I’ll get some texture in the background.
My friends remarked that my square flowers remind them of either circuit boards or fly swatters! Love the idea of circuit boards, definitely something to keep in mind.
Pingback: Design Play: Exercise 3 – Final design & prints | TactualTextiles