I boiled up my banana fibre a few weeks ago and last week blended it to a smooth pulp ready to make paper. I decided to combine it with some of the leftover pale-yellow cardstock pulp I made when working with Judy and dipping wire into pulp.
Pulps – above left to right: cardstock, banana, combined.
I started with 100% recycled cardstock sheets and progressively added banana pulp to the vat. The sheets gradually became darker and more fibrous.
I’ve more work to do on this as I had limited time and space on the day and I want to continue adding a greater concentration of banana fibre to cardstock and see how the sheets turn out. They should become much darker than these above. So far I’ve 32 good A5 sheets ready to use as book pages.