I find this backdrawing method is extremely effective on fabric and I’ve managed to get a good transfer of ink with some subtle ‘interference’ throughout.
Once these were fully cured I cut them out and started working on them with stitch. These small samples will be used for a swap I have coming up at the end of the year.
Last year I blogged about a small concertina book swap I was involved with which produced some interesting print results. This year I’m doing a similar thing with a different group and have to produce textile samples no larger than 4.5″ x 5″.
Here’s how I have transformed some of my mini calico backdrawn outlines. I’ve endeavoured to enhance with stitch and not hide all printing.