Print 1. Project 2: Making the masks

As we will be using both the positive and negative images I decided to cut my masks using a sharp point craft knife, hoping to get a precise edge so I can use both sections from the one cut.  It worked very well.

The instructions suggest we use plain paper and cut several masks, keeping a template, as each one can only be used once before discarding.  I have some ‘plastic’ paper and am going to try that.  I’ve used it before when screen printing and the water based paints come off easily with soap and water, without damaging the template at all.  I’m not sure how it will react to oil paints cleaned with vegetable oil but I’ll give it a go.  I’ve cut a couple, just in case.

Print1-P2jI still haven’t decided in which direction I prefer the eagle flying.  If the paper holds up I’ll try a few prints and rotate the image.


About Claire B

I'm a passionate printmaker, paper-maker and a poor sketcher (which I'm working to improve). I've stitched from early childhood and am a perpetual student, loving learning and participating in everything creative.
This entry was posted in Print 1: Assignment 1, Printmaking 1 and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s