A group of us got together for a Christmas swap this week. Not having completely put away some of the threads and bits I was using for the final project of my OCA course I chose a few to work with.
I recently bought a stitched cuff and I decided to make my own version for my swap. It is 2 layers of felt with a light pellon insert. I’ve stitched some embossed metal pieces, beads, ruched tubular viscose, padded lurex shapes and a heated encrusted cellophane bead.
Once it was finished I wanted to add some black machine stitching but the machine foot wouldn’t let me get close enough to follow the edges of the embellished areas. So I took the foot off completely and then did the stitching. It was much easier although I noticed my fingers getting perilously close to the needle.
A fun little project. Next time I do one I’m going to change the shape so it isn’t just a rectangle.